Wednesday, May 18, 2011

17.05.2011 - Ben Folds




One hell of a show! Ben Folds is one talented man.
Two and a half hours of solid entertainment.
Apparently we were also recorded during 'Not The Same' for a forthcoming Ben Folds retrospective CD.

Kate Miller-Heidke was supporting. A short but sweet set, amazing regardless. Played another new song, about a drunk friend/family member at a get together. Also good to hear Fatty Gets A Stylist playing over the PA before the set.

I didn't record Kate's set sadly, but I did get Ben's. Only used my LS-10, no external mics - however the recording sounds great.

EDIT:

Recording has been edited, tracked and made into MP3's. Will upload once I can get to a stable net connection.




7 comments:

  1. Hangin out to hear this after going to the show in Canberra!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too excited. The recording is far from my usual high quality work. I didn't take my recording rig, just a handheld recorder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnily enough, I recorded KMH but not BF. Will upload Kate's set on dime at some point.

    //rockola

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I was wondering when you'll be posting ben's gig??

    ReplyDelete
  5. See my latest post for a Ben Folds update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good to me. I'd really enjoy the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete