Monday, October 10, 2011

06.10.2011 - Meatloaf


Despite the rough media beat up on Meatloaf lately (Search for the AFL Grand Final performance..) - I still thoroughly enjoyed the show. Meatloaf is something of an idol for me, I grew up on his music and have remained a massive fan. With that said I went into the show with low expectations. I was proved wrong, I came out buzzing.

I must admit, being 64 years old the man isn't in his prime anymore, but he still didn't disappoint! I was a bit shocked to hear 'Bat Out of Hell' as the third song, would have preferred it much later in the set, but it was a solid two hour show. He didnt do too great with newer songs, out of breath and failing to hit the right key, but he made sure to impress on the classics. 

Was I disappointed with the AFL performance, absolutely. Was I disappointed with the Brisbane show? Not a chance.

Meatloaf was supported by Thirsty Merc. Not a fan, doubt I ever will be. That's not a beat up on the band, I'm sure their music appeals to others, just not me. Not sure why they'd support Meatloaf though... Regardless their set was pretty solid. A note to the lead singer though (Rai I think it is) - after every song, stop standing up, cheering and looking for applause. If you're good, people will clap and cheer..

No comments:

Post a Comment