Sunday, March 31, 2013

14.02.2013 - Bruce Springsteen

I won't lie, I've waited a decade for this. Bruce Springsteen is a musical hero to me. He is a genius in every sense of the word. I had my concerns though, Bruce is now 63 years old, Patti Scialfa and Steve Van Zandt weren't joining the tour and the recent deaths of Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici were reason enough to be concerned that the Australian tour had the potential to be lackluster. Needless to say, I had nothing to be worried about.

Springsteen came out kicking (albeit late) launching into "We Take Care Of Our Own". Instantly the presence of Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave) was felt. The minute he started playing, I knew Bruce had picked the perfect replacement for Steve. Every second of the performance was flawless and full of energy. I was a bit shitty with the audio at stages, there was numerous times during the night where ear splitting feedback was heard, something I feel should not be present in such high level gigs, but anyway.

I didn't record the set, because I wanted to enjoy the night as much as I possibly could, however a person by the username of "pttanner" uploaded their recording to the Junglelands forum. Not the highest quality recording but very listenable and definitely a recording I'll listen to for years to come, so thank you.

Have a listen here!

OR

A YouTube video for people who don't like torrents..









No comments:

Post a Comment