Sunday, November 24, 2013

The End

The time has come for me to call it a day at BNE Live.

As you may have noticed, I haven't really posted much at all since the start of the year. To be honest, I've been putting off writing this post for some time now. I guess you could say I've lost the love for recording. Various reasons for this, primarily though, I have to sacrifice a lot of my personal enjoyment of a gig in order to pull great recordings and I'm tired of doing so.

I've had some great experiences over the years running this site, met some amazing people and I've made a collection of recordings that I'll cherish forever.

There are a few special thank you's that I want to make:

  • Kate Miller-Heidke:
    My site has gained so much exposure thanks to you. You allowed me to record your spectacular performances on numerous occasions, you shared them via social media when I posted them and you even got me into an interview with Spencer Howson on ABC Radio.
  • Spencer Howson: Being interviewed on national radio was certainly a first for me, and I truly appreciate you having me on and letting me show people what I do.
  • Jac Stone:
    I found your music a few years back now and I'm so glad I did. Your music is so raw, passionate and beautiful and I never get tired of coming to your shows. Thank you for letting me record on occasion.
  • The Grates:
    You dudes are the coolest people I know. You put on the most energetic and crazy shows I've ever seen. Personal highlight for me would have to be having Patience crowd-surf out to me at Red Deer Festival just to say hi. 
I'd also like to thank the Linkin Park community, especially the guys over at LPLive. Almost a decade ago that community got me on the path of recording and sharing concerts and it's been a great learning experience.  Also thanks to my host for allowing to keep my recordings uploaded free of charge, much appreciated.

So what now? I don't think this will be the absolute end for me, I'll probably still record on occasion. I made a few recordings a little while back but I think from now on, anything I record will just stay in my personal collection. You never know though...

I'll probably put together a little EP of my favourite songs I've ever recorded. Until then, I made a list highlighting a great recording for each year I've been active:
Thank you everyone who has followed my site, downloaded my recordings and showed your support, this site is for you. I've had over 55,000 hits on my site and even if only one person had found my recordings and enjoyed them, that would have been enough for me. I am forever grateful.

So, until next time, take care and I'll see you at a gig in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment